Chiamami col tuo nome

Ciao!

Come stai? Tutto va bene? Ti invito a leggere il mio post!

I started today's post in Italian for a reason. It was in Italy that my adventure with this wonderful story began.

I love visiting Italy. In the summer of 2017, during the holidays, as a part of language learning, I decided to go to the cinema. I choose a random screening of an unknown film. And it was one of the best decisions of my live.

Just a short summary of a film:

In the summer of 1983, in the north of Italy, Elio Perlman, (Timothée Chalamet) a 17-year-old American spends his days in his family's 17th century villa lazily transcribing music and flirting with his friend Marzia (Esther Garrel). One day Oliver (Armie Hammer), a 24-year-old graduate student working on his doctorate arrives as the annual summer intern tasked with helping Elio's father (Michael Stuhlbarg). Soon, Elio and Oliver discover a summer that will alter their lives forever. It must be mentioned that Call Me By Your Name is based on the novel by André Aciman. Doesn't it sound magical? I was consumed by this film.

When it comes to the novel, after watching the movie I decided to read the book by André Aciman mentioned above. What a great book it was! Beautiful, attractive with many small details. The time I spent reading was like a period of reflection.

Let's cite some quotes:

“He came. He left. Nothing else had changed. I had not changed. The world hadn't changed. Yet nothing would be the same. All that remains is dreammaking and strange remembrance.”

“Everyone goes through a period of Traviamento - when we take, say, a different turn in life, the other via. Dante himself did. Some recover, some pretend to recover, some never come back, some chicken out before even starting, and some, for fear of taking any turns, find themselves leading the wrong life all life long.”“Everyone goes through a period of Traviamento - when we take, say, a different turn in life, the other via. Dante himself did. Some recover, some pretend to recover, some never come back, some chicken out before even starting, and some, for fear of taking any turns, find themselves leading the wrong life all life long.”

“Every time I go back to Rome, I go back to that one spot. It is still alive for me, still resounds with something totally present, as though a heart stolen from a tale by Poe still throbbed under the ancient slate pavement to remind me that, here, I had finally encountered the life that was right for me but had failed to have.”


Comments

Popular Posts